SHIFT KIT - 62TE
This 62TE Shift Kit fits 2007 and newer Chrysler, Dodge, Ram and Volkswagen front wheel drive vehicles equipped with the 62TE automatic transmission. Common complaints with this transmission are TCC slip or shudder and P0740, overheating, torque converter drain-back, delayed forward or reverse cold or hot, 6-5 coast downshift clunk and 3-2 coast downshift clunk.
First, we have the valve body generated complaints. The TCC slip or shudder and P0740, overheating, delayed engagement forward and reverse as well as the converter drain-back. These complaints are associated with the wear in the pressure regulator valve and TCC regulator valve bores. The new USA made drop-in pressure regulator and TCC regulator valves with extended lands will resolve these complaints without reaming or machining the bore.
Then there are the internally generated complaints. The 6-5 coast clunk is the result of a malfunctioning underdrive clutch inner piston seal. The Shift Kit provides a specially designed tuff seal and expander wire to address this complaint. The delayed engagement forward or reverse and the 3-2 coast downshift clunk is an age associated complaint that sets in when the low-reverse piston housing gasket shrinks and begins to leak. TransGo engineered a special gasket for this application made from a non-shrinking material.
Features and benefits:
This TransGo Shift Kit includes a drop-in hardened steel pressure regulator valve as well as a redesigned TC regulator valves for a quick no-hassle install. Both the redesigned drop-in steel PR valve and TC regulator valve, feature longer lands which restores the hydraulic integrity of the circuit by utilizing previously unused and therefore unworn areas of their bore. Furthermore, the longer lands increase bore longevity by redistributing the load over a greater surface area. Our drop-in valves require no reaming or tooling. The kit also includes a low/reverse piston housing no-shrink gasket as well as TransGo engineered seals and expander wires for the accumulators and the underdrive clutch.
- TCC slip or shudder
- Code P0740
- Diminished cooler flow and lube pressure
- Delayed or no forward or reverse due to converter drain-back
- 6-5 or 3-2 coast downshift clunk
- Drop-in USA-made hardened steel PR valve and calibration spring
- Drop-in USA-made hardened steel TC regulator valve and calibration spring
- Non-Shrinking low/reverse piston housing gasket
- (6) High temperature accumulator seals and expanders
- Self-expanding Tuff™ underdrive seal and expander wire
- High mileage vehicles sometimes come in with codes P0841, P0871, P0988, P01775 and P01776 due to wear at the solenoid switch valve bore in the valve body. If you need to address solenoid switch valve bore wear, then also check out the solenoid switch valve kits.